COVID-19

Critical Sectors Allowed To Operate During EMCO In Selangor

Following the Cabinet meeting chaired by the YAB Prime Minister on 7 July 2021, the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) moved swiftly to implement the Cabinet’s decision soonest by convening further discussions with the Minister of Finance and the Minister at the Prime Minister's Department (Economy). In this regard, MITI wishes to inform that the Electrical & Electronics (E&E) sector and its supply chains; Aerospace sector (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)); Machinery and Equipment (M&E) sector for the production of healthcare and food products; as well as the key food and beverage manufacturing companies are now allowed to operate in localities subject to the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in Selangor, beginning today.

The list of key food and beverage products is available in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the Manufacturing Sector, for the EMCO in Selangor, which can be accessed at www.miti.gov.my.

MITI wishes to affirm that this decision demonstrates the importance and significance of these sectors in supporting the production of goods in the global supply chain as well as the critical production of health and food & beverage products in the country.

Companies in these sectors can resume operations using the existing COVID-19 Intelligent Management System (CIMS) 3.0 approval letter which bears the acronym ‘PKP 3.0’ and dated June 2021 and thereafter. MITI wishes to underscore that companies are obliged to fully comply with the current SOPs for the Manufacturing Sector, for the EMCO in Selangor, that include allowed sectors and activities, as well as the need to adhere to the workforce capacity at a rate of 60 per cent while the remaining 40 per cent of employees are to adhere to Work From Home policy, more...

CLICK HERE FOR THE PRESS STATEMENT FROM MITI
CLICK HERE FOR THE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FOOD & BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING

Events on the same topic

MORE NEWS

Articles on the same topic

No news available.
Share this page Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin
Close

Are you starting to export ?